Hello my lovelies! A couple days ago I was tagged by Steph from Juniper Daze to do the Christmas Tag and I was definitely excited to give it a go!
1. What is your favourite Christmas film? I’d say it’s definitely got to be The Grinch. In my Top 6 Christmas movies I listed the six films I must watch during the holidays and Home Alone was my number 1 but The Grinch is and always will be my firm favourite.
2. Have you ever had a white Christmas? I think there was snow one year when I was very young, maybe about four or five years old? But most years after that we always had snow in February.
3. Where do you usually spend the holidays? At home with my immediate family, we usually visit other relatives on Boxing Day.
4. What is your favourite Christmas song? Michael Buble – It’s Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas. I was never too into Buble until recently, and since it’s Buble season I’ve had him on repeat a whole lot.
5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve? There’s an ongoing tradition of always opening a new pair of pyjamas on Christmas Eve, and I’ve noticed a lot of other families do it too!
6. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Uhm… Dancer, Vixen, and (iconically) Rudolph! I’m not entirely sure on the rest.
7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to this year? The whole day is something I’m looking forward to as a whole, we eat breakfast as a family, open our presents together, and all stay up way later than usual just enjoying and making the most of the day.
8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake? We’ve had the same fake tree since I was a little kid. One year we branched out (haha, get it? No? Okay…) and got a real tree but it drove my mum crazy with the mess of the needles dropping.
9. What is your favourite holiday food/treat? Definitely the massive tin of Quality Streets that always seems to find it’s way into our living room every year.
10. Do you like giving or receiving gifts the most? It’s a definite tie between the two; I love giving people gifts I’ve spent a lot time choosing for them and seeing them enjoy using it etc but I also love receiving something I’ve wanted for a long time and getting to be thankful for it.
11. What’s the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received? Hands down, my record player and vinyls that were given to me last year by my parents.
12. Where’s your dream place to visit for holiday season? New York! It looks so beautiful and magical every year.
13. How are your wrapping skills? Awful! I find it so hard to get the sides folded neatly and I always lose the end of the sellotape.
14. Most memorable holiday moment? On Christmas Eve, my parents would drive us around to this big house nearby that had a whole Christmas light show going on throughout the night. They even had a tent with a fake Santa in it with a bowl of presents to take for the children (chocolate coins, mostly).
15. What made you realise the truth about Santa? Definitely the fact that I found where my parents tried to hide the Christmas gifts. They were wrapped, but the illusion faded.
16. What sits at the top of your tree? A ceramic angel (it’s kinda creepy up close).
17. Do you make New Years resolutions? Every year I make the promise to myself that I’ll strive to become a better person, I feel like it’s a bit of a cop-out resolution but I’m thinking of doing a ‘real’one for the start of 2017.
18. What makes the holidays special for you? Spending time with family, getting to catch up with what everybody’s doing and getting up to. It makes the time of year so much more special.
Big thank you to Steph for the nomination, I nominate all of you reading this to give the Christmas Tag a go for yourselves. Once again, thanks for reading,